Mobile purchasing, 3D blu-ray support, battery notifications, and a modified home-page would be terrific additions to the Xbox One alone, but the upcoming August update’s plans to revamp the activity feed will be a vast upgrade to users’ daily interactions with the console.
Friends’ game clips and achievements will now be incorporating a like button, comment section, share buttons, and all of it will be accessed through a much improved quick-view layout of the activity feed. You will also be able to view your friends list, the leaderboards, and your friends’ game activity from the home screen. The new changes will help Xbox’s activity feed garner a greater purpose and the fluidity of navigating the console’s social aspects will be improved overall.
Since the Xbox One was released many gamers have registered their complaints regarding the lack of a quick-access menu like the Xbox 360’s home guide. While the console’s upgraded interface doesn’t quite replace the functionality of the former home guide, it will certainly ease gamers’ grievances with the slower navigation.
Full list of changes in the August Update:
- Activity feed changes: (Like button, share buttons, comment section, and a streamlined layout. Also accessible through smartglass.)
- Friends tab on home screen: (View friends, game-activity, and leaderboards)
- Mobile Purchases (Purchase games and add-ons through either a smartglass device or straight from Xbox.com)
- Notification changes: (Customize when notifications appear and don’t appear. New notification to alert players’ of low controller battery.)
- 3D Blu-ray support
- TV listings/One Guide support for 4 new countries: (Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland)
For more news and updates