The most popular sport in the world and the most popular sports game in the UK — EA Sports garners 87% of all retail sales in the United Kingdom in FIFA 15’s launch week.
Coming to all eight major platforms at its release, FIFA 15’s launch was an incredible success. Xbox One and Playstation 4 were responsible for 54% of sales while the 360 and PS3 steadied at 45%.
Charttrack shows the popular football game has even overtaken Destiny in their weekly charts. This may seem like Destiny is falling, but the reality is that FIFA’s popularity is just so prominent.
Charttrack’s current top 5 games:
- FIFA 15 | EA Sports (First week available)
- Destiny | Activision (1st place last week)
- Disney Infinity 2.0 | Disney Infinity (2nd last week)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition | Microsoft (6th last week)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts | Activision (7th last week)
Microsoft diversifies console options with new bundles and more style varieties.
- Sunset Overdrive – The rumor has been confirmed — a white Xbox One console will be coming later this year and will include Sunset Overdrive for $399 (No kinect).
- Fifa 15 – Microsoft has struggled with markets outside the U.S. but a new Fifa bundle should help them gain some ground in the EU. The bundle will retail for €399 and will include a digital Fifa 15.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – A 1 TB Call of Duty bundle will include a custom design console and controller, as well as a digital copy of Advanced Warfare – Day 0 edition.
- Madden 15 – It was announced before Gamescom, but it’s still two weeks until it will be released. A Madden 15 $399 bundle will be available the same day as Madden 15’s release — August 26th.
None of the bundles listed here will include the kinect, but Microsoft will be selling a standalone Kinect just in time for the holiday season.