And just as BossKey begins to get settled in to their workplace, a first look at concept art and more details regarding what the game is looking to become are released. In an “Ask me Anything” thread on reddit, BossKey founder, Cliff Bleszinski addressed his plans and expectations for his newest adventure in gaming — Project BlueStreak. Though they’re currently made up of only about a dozen people, the studio should not be taken lightly as some incredible minds will be working together for this game.
Here’s what we know so far
- Free-to-play business model. “I’m DETERMINED to not do Pay To Win.”
- Partnered with Nexon as their publisher. Nexon may seem like a very strange fit, but Bleszinksi explains his inexperience with shipping a free-to-play game makes them an ideal fit. “They can provide server structures and a global peek into gamers of all types”
- The game will be a first-person arena shooter.
- The engine is currently undetermined, but Bleszinski mentioned Unreal Engine 4 as a possibility.
- Potential for user generated content. “Arjan and I (my COO) are HUGE fans of this sort of thing.”
- Variety of characters/personalities. Cliff notes that he does not want to have the same type of character style that Gears had, and would prefer a mix of styles.
- Aiming for a skill-based game. “I want to craft a game that has weapons and moves that are easy to learn but to really make them sing takes thousands of hours of play just like a professional athlete would.”
It’s important to note that Project BlueStreak is currently in the absolute beginning stages. The team working at BossKey is sure to grow over time and Bleszinski promises to keep the public well aware of their progress for the game.
For more BossKey updates and other videogame news and reviews, follow @Pixelpine_ on twitter!