Splatton is getting a massive update on August 5, 2015. The new content will offer Squad Battle and Private Battle as new matching options, new weapon types, a level-cap increase, and more than 40 pieces of new gear.
- Squad Battle allows players to participate in Ranked Battles with a team of their friends, instead of the original random selection. Two to four friends can form a squad and they will always be on the same team.
- Friends can face off in customization matches with Private Battles. Ranging from 1v1 to 4v4, up to eight friends can compete in battles of their own choosing.
- The level-cap will increase from lvl 20 to lvl 50 in Regular Battle and Rank A+ to S+ in Ranked Battle.
- The two new weapon types are the Slosher, a bucket-like weapon that launches ink at an incredible range; and the Splatling, a gatling-gun style rifle can charge blasts of all-powerful ink.
- The 40 pieces of new gear will vary between leather jackets to a sushi-chef costume.
What’s amazing is that there is more content to look forward to with more maps, weapons, and events continuing to come out in August. Don’t forget the Rainmaker game-type, which was mentioned during the Splatoon Direct back in May, has yet to make it’s debut. Nintendo has been supporting Splatoon with content updates on a bi-weekly basis and promises to do so for the rest of the summer and the coming Fall.