FIFA 15 dominates total UK retail sales; beats out Destiny
The most popular sport in the world and the most popular sports game in the UK — EA Sports garners 87% of all retail sales in the United Kingdom in FIFA 15’s launch week.
Coming to all eight major platforms at its release, FIFA 15’s launch was an incredible success. Xbox One and Playstation 4 were responsible for 54% of sales while the 360 and PS3 steadied at 45%.
Charttrack shows the popular football game has even overtaken Destiny in their weekly charts. This may seem like Destiny is falling, but the reality is that FIFA’s popularity is just so prominent.
Charttrack’s current top 5 games:
- FIFA 15 | EA Sports (First week available)
- Destiny | Activision (1st place last week)
- Disney Infinity 2.0 | Disney Infinity (2nd last week)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition | Microsoft (6th last week)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts | Activision (7th last week)